SJCI works to increase community options for people with disabilities by the reduction of barriers that are architectural, social and attitudinal. Community education is provided by a team of people with various disabilities to schools, service clubs and businesses.
- Identifying barriers to independent living
- Implementing action plans to bring about systems change
- Cooperating, coordinating and collaborating with other organizations to:
- Initiate legislative changes
- Support policies
- Remove hindrance in opportunities for people with disabilities
Individual Advocacy in areas such as:
- Emergency needs
- Securing benefits
- Legal rights
- Self Advocacy Skills Development
- Empower people with disabilities to control their own lives through education regarding community resources, disability rights and civil rights.