We are Dedicated to the Disability Community in all that We Do!
The fund is a last resort grant from Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) and as such stipulates that the consumer seek funding from three other sources and must provide documentation in order to access the funding.
There is an application and other eligibility requirements that must be met. A complete application will include documentation of income, health statement, and funding sources sought.
The New Mexico Counties that are served by this program are:
- San Juan, McKinley, Rio Arriba, Taos, Colfax, Union, Harding, Mora, San Miguel, Santa Fe, Quay, Curry, Catron, Sierra, Grant and Hidalgo.
Access Loan New Mexico
WHAT CAN I BUY WITH THE LOANS?
“Assistive Technology” is equipment that helps a person with a disability to live more independently and productively.
Examples of Assistive Technology:
- Wheelchairs & Motorized scooters
- Hearing Aids
- Magnifiers and other visual aids
- Computers with modifications
- Control/switches for lights, doors, and appliances
- Vehicles with lifts or hand controls
You can also use Access Loan New Mexico to make certain modifications to your home. Examples of home modifications:
- Kitchen redesign
- Roll-in showers or other bathroom modifications
- Widening of doorways
- Ramps and home accessibility modifications